Making a plan for the weekend
When making a plan for the weekend you can use it to sleep in and be lazy…
… or you can use the weekend to spend time with family and friends…
… or you can choose to have a super productive weekend!
If you choose the latter, the question is:
HOW do you plan for the weekend to maximize your time?
There are 60 hours between 6 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. on your Monday alarm clock.
Even if you sleep for 24 of those hours, that leaves 36 waking hours.
Here are 6 tips to plan for the weekend that I learned years ago after reading the book “Double Your Income Doing What You Love” by Raymond Aaron.
If you want to have a super productive weekend, making a plan for the weekend in these 6 areas will help:
- Mess – Choose to clean a mess
- Acknowledgment – Choose to express gratitude
- Increase in Wealth – Choose to improve your financial situation
- New – Choose to DO something new
- Learn – Choose to LEARN something new
- Yourself – Choose to do something just for yourself
These six things form an acronym: MAINLY.
And here’s how to do it:
Mess – Choose to clean a mess
We all have messes. Here’s what I mean. It could be your:
- Clothes closet
- Desk drawers
- Files on your computer
- Basement or the attic
… you get the idea.
Choose ONE of these messes and clean it up this weekend.
It might take you 2-3 hours, and you will feel so much better afterward!
And if you only do this once a month… this means that within a year of making a plan for the weekend, you will have 12 messes cleaned up!
Acknowledgment – Choose to express gratitude
That’s it? – YES!
Just acknowledge somebody by expressing gratitude and appreciation.
You can do that by simply calling somebody.
Or sending an email.
Maybe just sending a text message.
Extra points if you actually write a card or a letter.
You could acknowledge your:
- Child’s teacher, tutor or coach
- Team members or coworkers
- Mentors or teachers
- Or a salesperson or clerk at a store
The important thing: Don’t overthink it!
This will only take you 10-15 minutes.
And if you do this every weekend, you will have expressed gratitude and appreciation towards 52 people within one year just by making a plan for the weekend.
Try it, and you will be surprised what happens 🙂
Increase in Wealth – Choose to improve your financial situation
What can you plan for this weekend to improve your financial situation?
Here are a few ideas:
- Sell something you own and don’t need anymore.
- Brainstorm other ideas on how you can make more money.
- Learn how to trade stocks and options!
Just dedicate 2-3 hours to do something to improve your financial situations.
Do this at least once a month, so that you will have 12 “Increase in Wealth” Sessions, and you will see a dramatic effect within a year.
New – Choose to DO something new
This weekend, do something that you have never done before.
Or something that you haven’t done in a long time.
Here are some examples:
- Create a website for your hobby – or your family.
- Read a new book.
- Try a different type of restaurant than your “usual.”
- Update your wardrobe.
- Begin participating in a new sport.
- Cook a new dish that you haven’t cooked before.
Just be open to doing something NEW.
Don’t be stuck in your old ways.
Try something new, even if it is “just” cooking a new dish or visiting a new place.
Variety is important in our life, and when you plan this at least once a month, you will have done 12 new things in a year.
And if you do this every weekend, you will have 52 new experiences!
How awesome is this?
Learn – Choose to LEARN something new
Our world is changing – rapidly!
Think about it: Years ago you had to go to a library to get more knowledge. Or you had to attend evening courses.
These days, all the information you ever need is in your phone in the palm of your hand!
It has NEVER been easier to learn something new.
And the more you know, the more money you will make. It is that easy.
Here are a few ideas about what you could learn this weekend:
- Learn how to improve your communication.
- Learn how to be more efficient.
- Read a nonfiction book.
- Learn how to use your phone or your computer better.
- Take a course on Udemy.com about a subject that you want to get better at.
- Watch some YouTube videos to learn something new – NO funny videos!
Reading a nonfiction book or taking a course might take you 4-6 hours.
Watching a few YouTube videos and learning a new skill might take you 1-2 hours.
So there’s DEFINITELY something you can do this weekend.
And if you choose to do this only twice a month, you would learn 26 new skills in a year.
Do you believe that you will make more money if you learned 26 new skills? – ABSOLUTELY!
Yourself – Choose to do something just for yourself
Enjoy this weekend by doing something just for yourself.
Here are some ideas:
- Get a massage.
- Watch a movie that you like.
- Meditate or have some quiet time.
- Visit a place you want to see.
- Take a long bath.
- Rent a boat or jetski and enjoy some time on the water.
I’m sure you’ll find something to spoil yourself for a few hours!
This is quality time – for yourself!
Take this time to rejuvenate, so that you can crush it next week!
Your Killer Plan For The Weekend
Ready to make a plan for the weekend and be super productive?
Think about it:
If you did only 2-3 of these things, you would feel incredibly productive.
And if you did 4-6 of these things, you would get more done in a weekend than others do in a month.
Leave a comment and let me know what you decide to do.
Can’t wait to read about it!
Read next: The 5 Best Ways to Motivate Yourself