There are just a few things I wanted to talk about regarding the PowerX Optimizer and the current market conditions. We’re going to take a look at the top 10 trading lessons learned from the last few months of trading this strategy.
Let’s first talk about my TastyWorks account that I trade in my YouTube series Coffee With Markus. As you know, in this account I’m only using the PowerX Optimizer to select trades.
This strategy tells me what stocks to trade, when to enter the trade and when to exit the trade.
So far using this strategy, I’ve taken a total of 38 trades since we began trading this account.
Out of those 38 trades, 24 of the trades have been closed at a loss. 7 of these trades are still open and profitable and 7 have been closed with a 23% profit.
One of the things you’ll notice about using the PowerX Optimizer is that your losses are always very small.
In this account, my average losing trade is half the size of my average winning trade.
Even with the current market conditions, this account has only lost $1,917.00 and we still have 7 open trades with an unrealized profit of more than $500.
Taking this into account, I’ve made a list of the Top 10 trading lessons I’ve learned and wanted to share with you.
Top 10 Trading Lessons Learned
- PXO Strategy is a trend following strategy. We’re looking for a trending market for this strategy to be optimal.
- The markets have NOT been trending in any direction for the last 3 weeks.
- The markets will not go sideways forever, so we can look for a change in market direction eventually. The markets LIKE to trend.
- There is no magic indicator or formula for predicting future market trends. This means we can’t tell exactly when the markets will start to trend directionally using the software.
- The PXO strategy is underperforming in these market conditions.
- Based on what we know about the past market, THIS WILL CHANGE!
- I am going to continue trading this strategy because I want to be in position when the markets begin trending again.
- I am transparent with my trading results. I’m showing you my losing and winning trades. I want to also show you how market conditions change and how it can have an impact on your trading strategy.
- Trading can be frustrating. You will find out that sometimes the market LIKES to test your patience.
- It is not a good idea to give up or stop trading your strategy as soon as you face challenging market conditions.
There’s a saying that’s common amongst sailors. They say that “you can’t change the wind, but you can adjust your sails.”
What does this mean exactly? It means we must adjust our trading strategy to match market conditions.
At the end of the day, remember this: If you do have the PowerX Optimizer and the right strategy, IT WILL PAY OFF.
Read Next: The Best Vertical Spread Option Strategy