This morning I found THIS quote:
“Fall in love with the process, and the results will come.”
It’s an extremely powerful thought, and here’s why THIS is true for me (and it might be for you):
As you know, I was stuck in the corporate rate race, before I finally decided to quit my job as a director at IBM and moved from Germany to Austin, TX to become a trader.
And in the beginning, it wasn’t easy: I spent 12 hours per day on becoming a trader:
- When the markets were open, I watched the price action and practice my chart reading skills to find entries and exits.
- When the markets were closed, I read books or visit websites to learn more about indicators and chart formations.
- I filled many notebooks with notes and ideas.
- I came up with trading ideas, turned them into trading strategies, tested them, evaluated the results.
- When the markets opened again the next morning, I traded my newly formulated trading strategy on a simulated account to see if it would produce the results I was looking for.
- After the markets closed, I reviewed every single trade to determine if there’s room for improvement.
- … and the list goes on.
Sounds grueling? – It was!
And I would NOT have enjoyed it, I wouldn’t have been able to do it.
But since I enjoyed the process, I had absolutely no problem to get out of bed early every morning and get my day started. It was exciting for me.
And after several months and a few thousands hours or studying, practicing, evaluating and refining, I saw results!
I started to make profits.
Of course NOW I enjoyed the process even more!
And I got more results.
Isn’t THIS true for everything in life that we do?
If we enjoy the process and put in the hours, then eventually results will come.
I enjoy watching the markets, looking at price action, placing trades, testing trading ideas and evaluating my results. I love it. And that’s why over the years I got good at it.
So what do YOU enjoy doing?
What would you do all day long if you didn’t have to worry about money?
PS: ==> Click here if you would like to read the rest of my trading story!